Terry Scussel Photography
Individualized Photography Instruction
Photography Instruction for amateur photographers new to Digital single-lens reflex cameras (digital SLR or DSLR).
Photography is a lot of fun and even more so if you learn how to use your camera, understand the camera setting, lighting, composition and most importantly a lot of practice and experimentation.
This is a two course instruction that starts with the basics and moves to the more advanced. Each course is specifically designed to teach you with your camera in hand and practicing. I will provide demonstration shots and show you how to setup your camera for the best result under the existing lighting conditions. Finally, you will be provided course notes and a written summary review and what to work on after each class.
Each class is 2+ hours of instruction, demonstration, practice and critique: $200 per hour / minimum 2 hours per class. Pricing excludes: parking, tolls, transportation cost, meals
We meet at a local San Francisco Bay Area field location and spend 2 to 4 hours of one-to-one digital camera instruction, demonstration and practice shooting.
- Must have a Digital SLR camera and Lens
- Read your manual and have with you. All cameras are different and we will need to refer to it - It is best to let the instructor know the model of your camera in advance.
- Student must complete the Release of Liability and Acknowledgement of Assumption of Risk form prior to Instruction
- Payment must be made 10 days in advance of Instruction
- Cancelations will be honored with a full refund is made 5 days in advance of Instruction date. Cancelations that are made less than 5 days will be credited in full for a future Instruction. No refund or credit for same day cancelations.
Beginners: 2-4 hours
- 1-to-1 instruction on the fundamentals of using you new digital single lens reflex camera (DSLR)
- Learn the fundamentals of your camera
- Learn about the basic camera settings
- ISO Settings
- Aperture Priority vs. Automatic
- Format - JPEG, RAW
- Depth of Field / Shutter speed
- Learn about the best accessories, lens and other key tools to have in your camera bag
- When to use a tripod / Flash
- Learn about the basic terms and what they mean to you
- White Balance
- Digital Zoom vs. Optical Zoom
- Pixels and PPI settings
- Sensors and Memory cards
- and more....
Advanced Beginner: 2-4 hours
- Advanced use of your camera
- Learn to use you histogram
- Learn about lighting conditions
- Learn and practice proper composition
- Rule of thirds, Leading line,
- Examples on what makes a good photograph
- Discuss techniques for Landscape, Portrait, Reflection, Back-lighting, Macro, Night, Flash Photography,
- Learn to use a tripod
- and more .....